[Rhodes22-list] Chris

Slim stevenalm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 01:39:22 EST 2006

Chris,

I played music professionally since I was a teenager.  But in 1995 I went
back to school and got my teaching license and got a job teaching band.
After all those years of being self-employed, I found it hard to adjust to
being "institutionalized" and I wasn't very happy.  Luckily, they fired me.
There was a round of budget cuts and, as you know, music teachers are the
first to go and I was cut.  Best thing that ever happened to me, and I went
back to performing.

But I'm glad you like your work and it sounds like your 8th graders are
lucky to have you!

Slim