[Rhodes22-list] An Inconvenient Truth - Peter, Slim, et al.

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Sun Dec 24 19:23:35 EST 2006

Ed,
The evidence is pretty simple.  The graph line of the
atmosphere's carbon dioxide content matches the average temperature.  Both
now and in the past. when carbon dioxide goes up, temperature goes
up.
Merry Christmas to all.
Rick

> I have
not seen the the clip nor do I plan to make extra effort to do

so. I have no conflict with the concept that it appears that the earth is

> warming. Furthermore, maybe man and development may be having
an effect.
> But I see the development effect as neither
completely proven nor
> changeable. There may be other factors at
work. What other factors?
> Historical evidence demonstrates that
there have been warming and cooling
> periods of the earth,
oceans, and atmsophere. You would have to accept
> earth history
as recorded by geological data. There was little written
> down

> by scribes until the last cooling period of Europe.

I am the guy who as a kid asked too many questions, especially in
> Sunday school classes. Again I ask, what caused those cooling and
warming
> periods before the industrial revolution?

Another topic not discussed at the same time is the shifting of the
> earth's magnetic poles. What you say? Studies of geological data

> suggests
> the location of the earth's magnetic poles
has always changed. Studies in
> the last 100 years have shown
recorded movement from a location closer to
> Greenland to todays
location closser to Siberia. What effect does that
> have
> on the earth's warming and cooling. And are you going to try to say
that
> the movement is caused by industrial development and air
polution?
> And the geological evidence supports that the
polarity of the poles
> has reversed several times. Here is a
question for your consideration.
> Are
> we going
through a pole polarity reversal at this time. What is the

effect
> of the pole polarity reversal on climate?

Again, I am not saying that Al Gore's concept is not correct.

However, I say that he has neither asked all nor answered all relevant
> questions.
> The one thing that I am sure of is that we do
not know all the hard
> questions that need to be asked. Without
knowning more of the hard
> questions it is not correct to draw
conclusions. We may, and Al Gore may
> only speculate.
>

> Ed K
> Leicester, Vermont, USA
>

> Peter Thorn wrote:

>> Slim,
>>
>> It's
true that Al Gore's presentation style is a little dry. However, I
>> agree the message of his film is extremely compelling and
urgent. I saw
>> it
>> when it came out in 2005
and rented it recently again. There is a
>> pretty
>> long update in the Special Features on the DVD about recent
events in
>> the
>> oceans that are pretty
disturbing.

>> The film is not political, but
presents an organized laying out of the
>> facts. Gore's
training as a journalist serves him well. Everyone
>> should

>> see "An Inconvenient Truth" before forming any
opinions about global
>> warming. People with currently
valuable waterfront property should
>> absolutely see this
film!

>> Thirty to forty years from now it
could be a very different world.
>> Whatever

your political leanings may be, please just see the movie and consider