[Rhodes22-list] was Blind Dog Advice; now Getting Old

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 10:07:37 EST 2006

reverse psychology was the intent. if i think that thought it makes me, at least, realize that time is short and i'd better get a move on to get those new experiences or it might not happen which would be my loss. puts a big grin on my face every time i do something for the first time.

elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:  --- john Belanger wrote:

> we are all getting older, but, if you want some
incentive and direction, take this to heart. "getting
old means doing fewer and fewer things for the first
time and more and more things for the last".

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a depressing view of life! Some incentive:
straight to a grave.

Getting old means having the opportunity to have done
many things for the first and subsequent times & the
opportunity & wisdom to know which new things to try
now for the first time!

Check out Calvin & Hobbes: (if it comes through,,,,)
This was the last strip...

Is there any other way to live??

elle

http://mail.yahoo.com Name: calvin_hobbes.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 191508 bytes Desc: 943959222-calvin_hobbes.jpg