[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Tool

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 22:46:38 EST 2006

Ed,

Try it, you might like it.  I would not attempt it with PVC pipe for the frame, but I have with SS tubing. The 175 alone (or motoring without sail) can provide a pleasant outing.  The alternative of having to disassemble an entire room seems like alot of work if not mandatory and not desired.  Speaking of adapting the Rhodes in this way, I frankly cannot remember this much enthusiasm generated for an extra portable room on any sailboat.

The point of sailing without removing the top frame is for cover from the sun, not to keep a 'room' in place underway.

BTW, ask Rummy if the Rhodes could suffice as  a party barge, or a nice week-long excursion boat.

Art