[Rhodes22-list] Nick, Motors and beginning of big debate

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Feb 2 10:40:17 EST 2006

I've decided to compromise on my next motor purchase, and look for a 3 stroke.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> lists at nabble.com 2/2/2006 8:54:59 am >>>

Nick,
       I cannot believe you asked that question!  I think I will duck while the cannon balls fly.
       There is another kind of motor that will do the job you want and at the weight you want.
       You need to learn how to search the archives on this subject because every year for the last
        six or so years the shit has hit the fan on this subject.
        Just like politics, there are two big groups.  The four cycle group and the two cycle group.  The
        four cycle group alleges environmental and ease of use mantra.  The two cycle group just moves
        their motors themselves.  A two cycle 8 horse Tohatsu weight about 60 pounds.  Most of us can
        move a 60 motor ourselves.  I have said my say, now i wait for the thunder.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA