[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Long Island Sound

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:25:49 EST 2006

Go with the electric. I can tell you firsthand that our little motors don't
need a dedicated starting battery. My R22 has 2 Group 24 Walmart Marine Deep
Cycle Batteries next to water tank. I don't have auto-pilot, depth sounder
or knot meter so my needs are light. Music, nav lights & anchor light.

I start my 6 hp 2 stroke Merc with the deep cycle and have done so for a
little oiver 4 years. I have a dual 10 AMP shore charger (forget brand) and
my batteries are always charged. These little outboars don't really tax a
deep cycle. My overnighting is usually one - 5 nights and I have never had a
dead battery. My cheap Walmarts are still going. They were $38 each. Compare
that price to an AGM.

Wally, Knoxville TN