[Rhodes22-list] BR Cost

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Feb 4 09:41:57 EST 2006

I keep asking what the Boom Room is going to cost.

I'm not asking anyone to cost it out, just to indicate the price level
at which they become players.

In selecting materials, this becomes important.

A bomb-proof BR is going to cost more than a lean-to BR.

A stainless steel supported BR is going to cost more than a PVC
supported BR.

Once the sizes are understood, it will be possible to fabricate both
panels and  frames in a variety of materials.

For prototypes, PVC is going to cost less than Stainless.

Nylon will cost less than Sunbrella.

Etc.

If we wind up with a PVC/nylon prototype is there a buyer?  For how much?

How much are the luxury model people willing to pay?

It makes no sense to build a Rolls Royce if there are no buyers.

If we are Toyota people, let's build a Toyota.

Bill Effros