[Rhodes22-list] Stan?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Feb 4 13:42:19 EST 2006

Slim,

I think we're hearing through Dave.  Stan doesn't have time for this.
He has pointed us in the right direction, and he wants to see how it all
sorts out before he contributes a lot more time and effort that could
net him nothing but grief.  It's happened before.  If we can come up
with something that makes sense for Stan, he'll come in and refine what
we come up with.  If not, he'll stick to his knitting.

I am getting more firm commitments back-channel from people who say they
would actually buy finished product at fair price from Stan.

If we can underwrite prototypes using lesser materials by selling test
parts to individuals on the list, that would make a better finished
product, while providing the basics to people who otherwise might not be
able to afford them, or to make them.

What about you?  If you could sell your existing Boom Room, or trade it
in for an improved model, would you do it?  At no cost?  At slight
cost?  At full cost?  What would you like to see improved on your Boom
Room?  That's what we're really talking about.  What could we make that
would fit your boom room?  I assume everyone must affix their own female
snaps to the fabric to match the males on their boats?

If the frame went above the boom would that mean that the new panels
would not fit on your boat?  Or could you attach the snaps with more
overhang?

Does your ladder design frame make up with additional frame pieces what
Art's H-Frame design achieves with stronger structural members?  If cost
were no object, which would you rather have?

Bill Effros