[Rhodes22-list] BR Frame Material

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 4 14:54:03 EST 2006

Dave,

I don't think you need to use a yoke underway.  Space is so precious.

An all-brass groumet is mounted onto the sunbrella on either side of the 'tangent' or contact point with the boom top.  The groumet should not rub or have contact with the boom.  These two groumets are at the front and the other two at the back end of the cover.  Ergo no movement fore or aft.

Four ties from the corners are connected to the rail of the boat to prevent shifting.  Tie the windward ties first for obvious reasons.  If the tube is SS, and the ties are connected securely, you are set with the top.

Back to the boom.  Use a connector, clew to backstay, to insure no boom swing while the top goes on.

I hope this written to be understood easily.

Art