[Rhodes22-list] Screw up about subject line

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Feb 5 10:44:30 EST 2006

This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western part of
North Dakota state after the recent snow storm.

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern Plains we just recovered from a Historic event
--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with
a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90 MPH that
broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of
motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of
communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

*    George Bush did not come....
*    FEMA did nothing....
*    No one howled for the government...
*    No one blamed the government
*    No one even uttered an expletive on TV...
*    Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit
*    Our Mayor's did not blame Bush or anyone else
*    Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else either
*    CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or report on this
category 5 snow storm
*    Nobody demanded  $2,000 debit cards.....
*    No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House....
*    No one looted....
*    Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something
*    Nobody expected the government to do anything either
*    No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No
Geraldo Rivera
*    No Sean Penn, No Barbara Streisand, No Hollywood types to be found

And

*    Nope, we just melted the snow for water
*    Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed
cars
*    The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask
for a penny
*    Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments
delivered it to the snow bound families
*    Families took in the stranded people - total strangers
*    We Fired up wood stoves
*    Broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns
*    We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or
Die"
*    We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us
out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that
trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.
*    Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen
this early...we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48
degrees North Latitude, 90% most of the world's social problems
evaporate."

--
At last.  A bumper sticker for both parties. FINALLY, someone has come
out with a 100% bipartisan political bumper sticker. The hottest selling

"RUN HILLARY RUN"

Democrats put it on the rear bumper.

Republicans put it on the front bumper.

--
Ralph Nader, Al Gore, and George W. Bush go to a fitness spa for some
fun. After a stimulating, healthy lunch, all three decide to visit the

The men quickly enter and upon finding the mirror, Ralph Nader steps up
and says, "I think I'm the most truthful of us three," and he suddenly
finds the keys to a brand new Bentley in his hands.

Al Gore steps up and says, "I think I'm the most ambitious of us," and
in an instant, he was surrounded by a pile of money to fund his next
Presidential Campaign.

Excited over the possibility of having a wish come true, George W. Bush
looks into the mirror and says, "I think..", and is promptly sucked into
the mirror.

Or,
> more importantly, those looking for previous discussions of a topic.
Some