[Rhodes22-list] BR -- Quick Release Tiller

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Wed Feb 8 13:39:45 EST 2006

Slim,

As I understand it, it would be useful to be able to quickly remove the
tiller when erecting the Boom Room.  Do I have that right?  Is there any
reason why we can't replace the bolt that goes through the tiller with a
quick release pin.  The kind with the button on the end are expensive,
but in my experience, foolproof provided you put a correctly sized steel
washer on the end with the retracting bearings.  Then you could just
pull up and lash the rudder, and take the tiller right off at night--no
need to disassemble the rear stays or traveler.

Bill Effros