[Rhodes22-list] Retirement/Sailing Locales

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 12:44:17 EST 2006

Sorry guys,

Before Ed get on me, I thought I'd re-post my prior message with a  proper
subject line.

Some day I'll learn to use this thing!

Dave

=======================

Folks,

My wife and I are about to start a trek down the east coast  looking for a
place to retire. This is the second of several  treks.  Stops on this  time
out
include: Southport NC, Georgetown  SC/Pawleys Island, Charleston,
Jacksonville,
Palm Coast FL, St  Augustine FL,  Venice FL, and Punta Gorda  FL.   Have any
of you sailed these areas?  Comments regarding  them?

Particularly with regards to Jacksonville, it’s a big city and we  don’t
know where to start: East toward the beach?  North towards  Amelia Island
etc?
South on the St Johns river?  In your  experience, where’s the focus  for
sailing
boats like the  R22?

Any input is  appreciated.

Dave