[Rhodes22-list] Retirement/Sailing Locales

rjquinn at bellsouth.net rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 9 13:38:31 EST 2006

Punta Gorda is a must go and see.  You are on Charlotte Harbor which gives you a fantistic sailing venue for a R22 or any sailing vessel for that matter.  You can also pop out into the Gulf of Mexico or go up and down the intercoastal to Tampa and St. Peter or Naples, Ft. Myers, and Marco Island. St. Johns River in the Jax area is also great but we prefer to be south of the "freeze line" -  draw a line from Tampa to Vero Beach and stay to the south.  Biscayne Bay is also great.

We are in Stuart adjacent to the St. Lucie River which is a great sailing location which is ideal for the R22.  Several lakes in Georgia/South Carolina are also worth a look.  Chat with Rummy and Ed.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"