[Rhodes22-list] Retirement/Sailing Locales

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 17:04:42 EST 2006

We love the place!  Gulfport is kind of a
hard-scrabble port town which suits us just fine.
There is Keesler Air Force base nearby and the Navy
Seebee base for those with PX privilages.  Pass
Christian, a few miles west was home to the first
yacht club on the Mississippi coast.  It was a sleepy
little 'old money' vacation spot - now flat as a
pancake.  Our local adopted bar, "Neighbors", is run
by a gal from Brooklyn, NY who visited twenty years
ago and never left. There's no shortage of whiners but
most of the local folks are good honest people who got
knocked on their butts and are vowing to rebuild.
That will take awhile.  Right now we're busy knocking
down and hauling off what Katrina didn't finish.  Come
visit, you may like what you see.  A beach is a beach!

Brad

_http://www.wcco.com/video/?id=14358@wcco.dayport.com_