[Rhodes22-list] Rummy's Wash-Down Rig

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 17:48:38 EST 2006

Slim,
I mounted the pump in the lazzerette so it would be out of the way and not
seen. I used a standard wash down pump with a strainer that you can get from
WM.  They also had the faucet designed especially for the pump. The wires run
through  the lazz under the starboard seat and into the cabin and attached to
the fuse  panel inside where it is switched. The pump has a pressure switch so
it only  runs when you squeeze the hand gun. I had originally intended to have
a through  hull installed before I had the bottom work done two years ago, but
never did  it. I simply pull the hose out from the lazz and shove it down the
rear drain  hole or over the side of the boat. Either way works. I keep a
coiled hose  attached to the faucet and out of the way. It's great for cleaning
the boat away  from the dock and is a great cooler on those hot summer days.
Installing it in the lazz requires removing everything including the gas
tank and crawling inside to mount it on the bolts. This requires two sets of
hands. Once done, it's pretty handy and doesn't take up much room in the  lazz.
I'll take some detailed pictures the next time I get down there.

Rummy