[Rhodes22-list] Stanley's Bimini

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Tue Feb 14 08:15:18 EST 2006

Ed,
What kind of clamps?  Do you have a picture, or brand name?  I have been
thinking of trying the same thing with my bimini...at least until the new
boom rooms are available.  Have you used the clamped curtains to keep out
rain, or are they not strong enough?

Bill W.

             "ed kroposki"
             <ekroposki at charte
             r.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
             rhodes22-list-bou         <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
             nces at rhodes22.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/14/2006 07:51          [Rhodes22-list] Stanley's Bimini
             AM

             Please respond to
               The Rhodes 22
                 mail list
             <rhodes22-list at rh
                odes22.org>

             I have a 1984 boat with Stan's bimini.  In 1984, Stan did not
use
the expensive recessed attaching but simple bimini attaching pad eyes on
the
gunnels.
     Naturally, the recessed attachments will lower to standing head room
by
about 2 inches.  My best guess is clearance of about 2 inches below boom in
upper setting on my boat.
             My straps attach to either back rail or back stays.  Using the
back
stays allows better egress and exit to dock with bimini up and not
attaching
and unattaching rear straps.  My boat came with life lines and forward
strap
attaches to base of life line stanchion.
             In the summer in the south, the bimini is an absolute.  If we
are
not moving, we have sunbrella curtains that we attach using clamps from
cheap Joe's tool supply, i.e., Harbor Freight Tools.  Again, used for the
sun, they only face the sunny side.
             I do not have the pop top enclosure, but use the same curtains
clipped to edge of the roof to keep sun out.
     If you guys are so into gadgets, Stan needs a new project.  Have him
make you a power pop top.  You know, just press a button and up goes the
pop
top.  Listen up: http://sounds.formob.com/s-1-980-1.html

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA