[Rhodes22-list] Southern Cruising Days -- Over!

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Feb 17 09:24:37 EST 2006

Ed,

Thanks for the heads-up.  Sadly, I must announce that my southern
cruising days are over.

My boat is still in my driveway.  All the ducks were lined up.  We were
ready to go...and then...and then, something came up, as it almost
always does, and I just don't have the time to take a dead-of-winter
vacation.

I've got to face the fact that something always comes up at this time of
year, and that I have no reason to take my boat elsewhere at any other
time of year.

Thanks to all who helped with details.  I'm going to hold onto all my
books, charts, email, websites, etc. in the hope that some day...

I will probably do an extensive book tour next spring, and if this
shapes up I'll try to stop off with all the people who have been so kind
as to extend invitations to visit.

Bill Effros