[Rhodes22-list] Teflon Strips and Slop

salm at mn.rr.com salm at mn.rr.com
Sun Feb 19 13:53:43 EST 2006

Ed,

It's daylight and I've been drinking coffee.  8-)  Yes, there's some
side-to-side slop in the rudder within the housing.
I've tried tightening the bolts.  I think the strips would elliminate the
slop but not make it bind raising and lowering.
The same goes for the center board--there's some slop there too.  Going
downwind, you can hear it thumping back
and forth when the boat yaws.  I Also hear it when at anchor if it's wavey.
That part is not really a problem because
the noise just reminds me to pull the board up when I'm going downwind or
at anchor, but the slop in the rudder
has always bothered me.

Slim