[Rhodes22-list] R22 Instrumentation

Rick Lange gravityleak at isp.com
Sat Feb 25 18:02:26 EST 2006

Dave,

I use a Garmin handheld GPS.  I have a mounting brackent on the starboard
bulkhead for it which requires a simple thumb screw to attach the GPS.
For optional power, a 12 volt cord plugs into the switch panel cigarette
ligher recepticle.  The GPS gives me compass settings and tons of other
cool stuff, like boat speed over land.

For backup, I have a Richie compass mounted on a slat I can drop into the
companionway hatch grooves.  It also has a 12 volt plug for night
lighting.

For traveling with or against tides and river currents, I have a knot
meter mounted into the bulkhead next to the GPS.  I suggest a tranducer
instrument as my old impellor model serves as a summer condo for mussels,
causing the readings to decline during the season.

My depth sounder is the diamond board.  Just pull it up and turn around
when she groans.

Rick

Regards,

Rick