[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bud ... in Defender 2006 catalog

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 07:46:48 EST 2006

GASP!  I committed the unforgivable Subject Line Sin!  and just before
the start of Lent!  Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.
Ed, why not give Mary Lou a chance to respond?  She might say what it
is, why she got it, what she uses for, and
how well it works for her.  I have found that most boat owners are eager
to tell you about their boat, and why they
did what they did. And I am always interested in hearing what folks have
done to their boats and how well their
enhancements have - or have not worked out.

On instrumentation, I have a compass mounted on the port bulkhead (I
think its a Contest 100 - you can see the numbers
from both the cockpit and the cabin).  Also a depth gauge with large LCD
numbers mounted on the starboard side.
The transducer is mounted in the Laz and its pretty accurate down to
3'.  I don't care for handhelds (I have a handheld
radio for backup) as I don't want to hold on to anything I don't have
to.  If I ever a get GPS, I would mount it on the
bulkhead, or at least have a way to fix it to bulkhead when I was using it.

-Bud