[Rhodes22-list] R22 Instrumentation

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:47:07 EST 2006

Dave,

Unless you have stern rail seats you will not be sitting at the aft end of
the cockpit to steer. Even without tiller extension you will want to sit
just in front of the tiller.

I added a tiller exstension a few years ago and now sit in the very front of
the cockpit. This is especially true when sailing. Having crew changes
things but you will never really want to sail sitting in aft end of cockpit.

My previous owner installed a huge Ritchie Composs mounted on port bulkhead.
It is easy to read from most any angle. Also nice as a second compass are
the hand held sighting compasses ......you know the kind on a handle.

Wally