[Rhodes22-list] Another Ebay R22

Mark Metzler eyeballs at maxinter.net
Mon Feb 27 09:54:42 EST 2006

 FYI -

I looked at this boat on Saturday and it is REALLY a project.  It has been
on a trailer for AT LEAST 10 years.  The pictures don't show that there has
been standing water in the cabin for a long time.  There is basically a foot
of pure grunge upwards from the sole.  The rudder is delaminating and has
been poorly fiberglassed by a p.o.  The mainsail is still on the boom and
when I peeked under the cover I saw green.  I think anyone attempting to
rehab this boat should wear a respirator and consider whether all of the
mold and mildew could be entirely removed.  The trailor was in reasonably
good condition - some surface rust and probably could use new wheel bearings
and tires.  Any opinions about the feasability of cleaning/removing the mold
from the foam flotation?

Mark Metzler, Baltimore, MD