[Rhodes22-list] sinking cruiser

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Feb 28 13:39:48 EST 2006

Brand new boat going to the boat show?  Didn't have a VHF with antenna?
Something wrong with this picture.  These guys took along their own
communications equipment as a back up for the boat equipment.  You press
CG on your cell phone, you get the Coast Guard.  Looks like they never
even tried.  From the picture I saw, standing on the stern with a
handheld VHF the antenna would have been higher than the antenna on that
boat.  Was the handheld VHF working?  How about the one on the boat?

Going to the Bahamas is different.  I'm not going.  I can't find time to
get my boat out of the driveway.  I hope to get it back to my mooring by
this summer--3 miles away.

More later.

Bill Effros