[Rhodes22-list] Free Charts Booklet Experiment

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jan 3 19:36:19 EST 2006

Bill Effros wrote:
> MapTech is the correct company.  When you buy their charts they now
> throw in a CD with the same charts digitized and running under a cut
> down version of their program called Offshore Navigator Lite.

Bill,

I've seen those at local chandleries, and been tempted
to buy one just for the software.  However, unless the
software allows the data to be upgraded from a NOAA
site, it will stale out in short order.

Do you have a recommendation for low-cost software that
can pull down NOAA data sets and allow them to be
annotated and used with a GPS for tracking?

Thanks for any comments -- from yourself or anyone else
on the list.

/Robert