[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Chicago trip

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 15:07:40 EST 2006

Slim,

   Great to hear that you hit some of the high spots.  It makes
me feel guilty to live in the midst of all this great music and
spend my time at home in front of the tube.  In my younger days
we really saw the greats, Jr. Wells and Buddy Guy at Teresa's,
James Cotton, Muddy Waters with his great bands (at least
5 or 6 times), Cary Bell.  In college my friends arranged a concert
with Muddy, Robert Pete Williams and Son House.  Great Jazz too.
We saw Dizzy, Roland Kirk, Sonny Rollins, McCoy Tyner,
Archie Shep at the Jazz Showcase and the Art Ensemble of Chicago
four or five times.  What a stick in the mud I am now...

Ron