[Rhodes22-list] Reply to the Maestro

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 01:23:56 EST 2006

Bill and Mary,

First of all Bill, you're right.  I don't think I've ever kissed my wife at
midnight on New Years.  I'm always on stage playing Auld Lang Sign and she's
usually at home.  This year was no exception, especially since we're 600
miles apart.  I haven't missed a New Years gig in more than twenty years!

Second, The joke about the snow shovel is no joke.  I forbid her from even
trying to wield our big two-stage snow blower.  It's just too much for her.
She's been dutifully shoveling by hand while I've been gone.  If it gets to
be too much she can always hire the neighbor kid but she's a born and bred
Minnesota girl--'nuf said.

BTW, she quit her public school teaching job as of Christmas break and has
started teaching at a music college in downtown Minneapolis and she loves
it.  She's teaching music history, music and literature and world music.
It's all right down her ally and she'll prove to be a great asset to the
faculty.  I'm very excited for her.

Slim