[Rhodes22-list] Battery Compartment

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Jan 9 11:41:15 EST 2006

Bud,

All the boats are different.

I have a battery compartment under the port settee.  Mine is completely
enclosed, although some have drain holes in them.  If water gets into
this compartment, which is only a little bigger than the battery, it
doesn't get out.  That is intended to contain the battery acid, should
it get out of the battery.

If water gets into the space outside the battery compartment under the
settee, in my boat it will flow to the bilge.  That is the way bilges
are supposed to work--all water, no matter how it gets loose inside the
boat, is supposed to flow to the lowest point where it can be removed.

Bill Effros