[Rhodes22-list] Luis please help Mark

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:47:49 EST 2006

Mark, you may already have done this, but if you just go the the FAQ on the
link below, you should be able to just view through your browser.

http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/

By the way, as a fairly new list viewer and recent R22 buyer, I learned not
to take anything said by some of the more active contributors personally.
It becomes a form of entertainment once you get used to it.

Dave

On 1/11/06, Bud Connor <budconnor at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Mark,
>   you may want to try a google.com search with this statement:
>         site:rhodes22.org smell AND anchor
> or something similar.  This will search only the rhodes22.org
> web site for the two terms "smell" and "anchor".  It doesn't
> always find all the "hits", but it will get you started.
>
> -Bud
>
> mputnam1 at aol.com wrote:
>
> >I am running Windows XP on two computers -- a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop
> (one of their top-of-the-line laptops) and a Dell desktop.
> >
> >I downloaded the archive, which resulted in two files (which I put onto
> my hard drive): one is named: "inv.get.file.new" and the other is "
> Rhodes22-list.mbox".
> >
> >When I attempt to open these files, my computer tells me it doesn't
> recognize either the .new or .mbox formats.  It asks if I want it to search
> the web for the appropriate program.  When I say yes, it then goes to
> Microsoft's website ... which also says it does not recognize the file type.
> >
> >Ed, I hope this meets your standard of "demonstrating persistence" ...
> all I wanted to know was what you meant by your cryptic mention of solutions
> to "stinking anchor lines"!!  Geez Louise!  I'm just a newbie hoping to
> learn something about a boat I'm investing a ton of money into, and you make
> a person feel like they're just one big annoyance every time they ask a
> question that you might have talked about years ago before I ever even heard
> of a Rhodes 22.  And even if I could open the archive, I'm not sure how I'd
> find the precise emails discussing such a topic in the first place.
> >
> >For those of you, including Rummy, who clarified the anchor situation, I
> greatly appreciate it.  And Dennis and Todd Z., thank you for your
> suggestions.

David Bradley
203.253.9973
dwbrad at gmail.com