[Rhodes22-list] Bud and Jerry

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Wed Jan 11 19:50:29 EST 2006

Ed,
While Lake Hartwell is on my must do list,it won't be this winter.Living in
Ohio,I take the mast down the basement,along with everything else on the
boat that's not nailed down, then I put a 2X4 beam from the bow pulpit to
the stern rail and tarp it .I rig the tarp so I can remove one bungee strap
and climb up the swim ladder to access the cockpit and cabin, and remove
brightwork for refinishing in the basement.and work on other projects as
weather permits.
I know this boat is not going anywhere until it gets her bottom paint in
April.That's why a rental boat in the south is so attractive to us
northerners.
That,and the idea of towing down and back through snow storms in the
mountains on I-77,your idea starts to lose a little of it's shine.

Jerry Lowe