[Rhodes22-list] Wind Loads

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sat Jan 14 01:59:35 EST 2006

Forget this one, yes they can,

They bow eye get put to the test every time you slam on the break while
trailing, not to mention every boat/bow eye get the 1500 pound lift test
at the plant(i.e. the hanging boats), the 10 inch deck cleat is in petty
thick glass, IIRC fiberglass is rated at 200-400 PSI before deforming,
with any the of backing their should be enough load spread, beside my
boat when thought worst than that on the moorings and their been no
issue on boat breaking loose from mooring from that so, I think this is
a real non issue -mjm

I'll
> let you know when I do.
>
> But if we take the numbers provided by Fortress and others at face
> value, do you really think any of your cleats or eyes, mounted in
heavy
> duty Spitzer fiberglass could withstand a sustained force in excess of
> 3/4 ton?  I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a boat subjected to
> anything like that amount of force -- whether the anchors could hold
or
> not.
>
> I've been on board in 20 knot winds at anchor.  Everything creaks.
It's