[Rhodes22-list] Trick Anchoring

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Jan 14 15:02:14 EST 2006

When I set up my anchoring project for the summer I bought lots of
rigging hardware in the expectation that I would have to learn trick
anchoring for extreme situations.  Multiple anchors on a single rode.
Kellets.  Swivels. Floats.  Snubbers.  Various lengths and weights of
chain. Different types and brands of anchors.  Etc.

As I started to learn to anchor properly, I found that I could always
anchor without resorting to any of these tricks.  I never tested any of
it, and I have returned most of the hardware to WM.

Bill Effros