[Rhodes22-list] Chain -- Another Opinion

Michel Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sun Jan 15 19:28:12 EST 2006

He is talking about an all chain rode, and that's the "standard"
problem",
That the reason all the "rubber" anchor junk in the marina catalogs.
Your mooring is also an example of that, chain going to 5/8 or 3/4
pendant(assuming the standard set up) for around here, even thought
there is nylon, it to short and way to heavy for the boat to act as any
thing of shock adsorption, king of like going down the road in a car
with bad shock, lousy ride :-)

-MJM

PS. His native langue is French(talk to him when I ordered, rally same
company then). Some of the "tone" will not translate right.