[Rhodes22-list] Rudder refinishing

Robert Quinn rjquinn at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 18 22:38:51 EST 2006

West Marine/Boat US and other suppliers generally carry tiller covers.
Measure before you buy as some are narrower and not as long as the R22
Tiller.  I did have a "saddle" made up to cover the stock section that fits
into the rudder.  A local canvas shop made that up for me from a paper
pattern that I made up.  It fit over the back of the rudder/tiller stock and
was attached with snaps just forward of the rudder.  I think I may have a
picture of it, I'll check in the next day or so.

Bob