[Rhodes22-list] Joke

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 08:36:20 EST 2006

Subject: THE OLD DUDE

CHALK ONE UP FOR THE OLD DUDE

An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store
one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal at his
side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special
ring for his girlfriend. The jeweler looked through
his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and showed it
to him.

The old man said, "I don't think you understand, I
want something very special."

At that statement, the jeweler went to his special
stock and brought another ring over. "Here's a
stunning ring at only $40,000", the jeweler said. The
young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled
with excitement. The old man seeing this said, "We'll
take it."

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the
old man stated, by check. "I know you need to make
sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and
you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and
I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon," he said.

Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old
man. "There's no money in that account."   "I know",
said the old man, "but can you imagine the weekend I
had?"

"What the American people have seen is this incredible
disparity in which those people who had cars and money
got out and those people who were impoverished
drowned." ....
-- Senator Ted Kennedy, on Hurricane Katrina

-- Mary Jo Kopechne