[Rhodes22-list] Hello Mark ...

Tootle (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Thu Jan 19 16:40:48 EST 2006

Where do we begin?
Tiller cover?  Do you know how to sew?  Does your wife have a sewing machine?  Get two yards of sunbrella at the frabric store and some goretex thread ( as recommended by Alex Bell).  Then measure and sew.  I also have winch covers, imagine that.
Did I mention Alex Bell?  A fellow Rhodie?  See:  http://www.marinercanvas.com  Since he has a Rhodes 22 in his back yard, I bet he could make exactly what you want.  Imagine a former Rhodes 22 owner who could solve your delimma.  I better correct myself.  Alex has an Island Packet, not a R22.  The R22 in his back yard belongs to the other captain in the household, his Wife.
Varnish your tiller?   Yea it is one of those things that you have to do.  I used a high quality marine varinsh with a natural bristle brush.  You can use a plastic glove with a soft fabric and rub it on.
I bet that if you bring a bottle of Mt. Gay rum, Comodore Rummy could give you lessons.
In case you do not know it, Bill Effros is a writer.  Do you think that he writes under a pseudomym?  See this:   http://www.sailnet.com/collections/articles/index.cfm?articleid=woodto052

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA