[Rhodes22-list] head space Re: Captain Jeff Herbert

Tootle (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Tue Jan 24 07:08:35 EST 2006

Jeff:
     There is only so much that can be done with the arrangement of cabin floor space on the Rhodes 22.  Comodore Spitzer has tried most of the variations and different boats have those differences.  Yes the floor plan varies ever so slightly from boat to boat.  Several boats have been modified when made for speciific owners.  There are several heads that are slightly larger to accomodate certain Rhodies.  During recyle Stan can make changes that you may want.
     Older Rhodes 22's with the porta potties like mine, have a wall separating the head from the galley, going from the starboard hull wall to the compression post.  Those with the newest powder rooms have a semi sliding wall forward and a part wall from the hull toward the middle.  Stan has a unique door which when not in use is smaller than when in use.  I'll let him explain the how he does it.
      You got a reply from Mary Lou.  She is an author and authority on sailing the Rhodes 22.  You should get a copy of the book she referred to.  The authors of the other chapters in the book you an interesting perspective of sailing small.
      If you looked at the frapper web site that I referred to, you see that you are near many Rhodies.  I have a daughter who lives in mid Vermont about 30 miles from the 6th great lake.  I have often traveled near your waters using I-81.
      Again, welcome aboard.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA