[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room Syndicate

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jan 26 11:56:59 EST 2006

Dave Bradley will be in Edenton shortly to pick up his boat.  He has
agreed to represent the Boom Room Syndicate in discussions with Stan.
Who is in this Syndicate?

I believe the outfit that was making Boom Rooms for Stan has gone
belly-up, and they may have taken Stan's patterns with them, so we may
have to start from scratch.

I don't think we will ever have the volume to justify Chinese manufacture.

What do you want in your Boom Room?

What are the best features according to those who have them?

Do we know anyone who could make up a bunch for us?

What are the design specifications going to be?

What materials should we use?

Should it be supported by poles from the bottom, or suspended by the
halyard from the top?

Should it fit every boat, or require modifications for older boats?

Should it require a Pop-Top Enclosure, or should it cover the Pop Top,
and replace the Pop Top Enclosure?

Should it use the Bimini as support from below, making it more a Bimini
Room than a Boom Room?

Lots of possibilities.  Dave plans to get one, and so do I.  We're going
to spec out something now, and anyone is welcome to join in -- even if
you don't plan to buy one yourself.

Bill Effros