[Rhodes22-list] 12 volt wire gauge from OB to Cabin (10' max assumed)

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 28 23:23:38 EST 2006

Rummy, Jim, Bill,  or Someone what knows...

I need to run a 12v pair from the rear wall of the cockpit to the front (to the battery) which will connect the starter/alternator wires from an 8hp Tohatsu to the battery.  What would be the safe choice for the wire gauge?

I came to the conclusion that an electric starter was a better long-term option than manual, especially with the stern rigging layout.  If there is anyone else considering, I found Porta-Bote an excellent choice for getting both service and price.

Thanks for any insights,

Art