[Rhodes22-list] Dave's Sojourn to Edenton

Tootle (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Sun Jan 29 12:12:33 EST 2006

Dave:

There is a Hampton Inn on Hwy 17 Bypass.  It is like all other Hampton Inn's and about five miles from the plant.
There is a Super 8 motel on Hwy 32 north of the 17 by pass.  I have no experience with it but if you are coming in on 32 from Suffolk the you would go right by it.  Hwy 32 is your best route coming in from the north.  It is Elton's route.
Another consideration is in the last few years, Stan has made a room at the plant so out of area visitors could stay.  It is in the plant but otherwise ok.  Stan has gone to effort and expense to make this room available.  If it is just you or even you and your wife this room might be acceptable.  Furthermore, he does not charge extra.  You might want to see the facilities before you make a firm decision.  I recommend that you call Stan and ask if the room might be available the weekend that you plan to be their.  Many have used this option in the last two years.  Keep in mind the plant is several miles from town.  There is only a gas station about half a mile from the plant.

Ed K