[Rhodes22-list] LED Lights

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jan 29 18:43:48 EST 2006

It seems to me we should all be switching over to LED lights if we are
out at night.  This is the one place I have consistently had problems
with boats, generally having nothing to do with either the wiring or the
fixtures.  Generally my problems have been broken filaments which work
fine when the light is in my hand, but only intermittently when out of
reach or when I don't have a replacement bulb.  You only see the problem
when you actually need the light.

LEDs, it would seem, solve this problem.  They should last for the life
of the boat, and are worth the extra cost, to me.

Here's a site for them:

http://www.lopolight.com/

These things probably cost more than our boats.

Anyone else know of navigational LEDs?  How about replacement LED bulbs
in standard fixtures?  Probably less reliable.

Bill Effros