[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Michael re Seattle

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:14:31 EST 2006

Michael, I'm considering a move to Seattle myself.  Here is a web site that
will give you stats on weather and other interesting factoids:
http://www.city-data.com

The folks I know there say it's gray and rainy but usually mild during the
winter months, and nice in the summer.  The data pretty much say the same
thing.  Cost of living is supposedly 30% lower than where I am now outside
NYC.  Real estate dollar seems to go farther.

The bigger question for the list is -- Puget Sound vs. Lake Washington for
new home sailing grounds?  The trip through the canal/Lake Union/locks from
Lake Washington to the Sound looks onerous on a map -- anybody ever done
it?  Relative merits of Lake vs. Sound?

Good luck in your search.

Dave Bradley

On 1/31/06, Ellner <ellner at pressenter.com> wrote:

> Michael:  I have to agree with Rummy on this one......Seattle is a rainy
> city (pretty, but rainy & foggy)  My sister & her family live there & love
> it (I wouldn't be able to take all those days without sunshine!!)  What
> does Karin think about the move (and will your girls have to be moving
> into
> different schools??)  Happy New Year!   Mary
>

> At 10:33 PM 1/30/2006 -0500, you wrote:
> >Sorry bill, seems I doing the annual job search things again, love being
> >a constant, I trade :-) what can you tell me about Seattle,WA  the leds
> >will run 10x the lamp price(replacement bulbs), lower battry draw, no
> >need to replace and less light(it getting better with the high watt
> >leds) for NAV there is a problem with the Coastguard signing off on them
> >so it is generally a replacement of the Fixture and a very steep price

David Bradley
203.253.9973
dwbrad at gmail.com