[Rhodes22-list] Outboard engines

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Jan 31 12:22:05 EST 2006

Nick,

I don't have the tiller-motor connection but I've tried it out on Dan and
Julie's boat.  I think the real advantage is when going in reverse.  With
the connection, steering in reverse is sure and effortless.  Without the
connection, steering in reverse is a lot harder.

If you need extra ease and maneuverability going backwards--such as in a
crowded marina--then you'd like this feature.  The connection not only links
the tiller to the motor but also includes the throttle/tranny control
mounted on the tiller so you can steer the boat and control the motor with
one hand and drink with the other.  8-)

Slim