[Rhodes22-list] Launched!

Tatflies at cs.com Tatflies at cs.com
Sun Jul 2 16:08:14 EDT 2006

Well, after the conclusion of a many events (not related to sailing), I
finally launched my boat on Friday. I ended up leasing a slip in Madison WI on Lake
Mendota.

Stepping the mast with a knowledgable helper was still a a little
nerve-racking, however a couple of hours later we were sailing with about 5 knots true
and coasting along nicely. The 4 hp Evinrude powered the boat well through the
channel and the sails (IMF and roller furling Lee Sails) set without
difficulty. We found that the boat was simple to operate and quite comfortable. The pop
top enclosure was installed for Friday and Saturday nights with just me
staying aboard.

What a great boat!

Tom Trenkle