[Rhodes22-list] Farm subsidies.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 09:56:16 EDT 2006

Bill,

The average landing fee for my jet is over $1500. The ADAP fund (from
the tax you pay on airline tickets) is regularly raided to pay for
other programs.  That is one reason our Air Traffic Control system is
so behind in technology.   Folks get all misty eyed thinking about
'poor' farmers losing their gubment checks. The facts are, the top ten
percent of farms get over 60 per cent of the subsidies.  These are not
mom and pop operations but huge agribusinesses.  Myths die hard.

Brad