[Rhodes22-list] Reduce your federal income tax (political humor)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 11:46:40 EDT 2006

Bill,

Thanks for your reply.  I think you’re telling me that there’s a huge
illegal problem that I’m not even aware of, and you may be right.  What I  see is
suburban workers, construction workers, etc, it may go far beyond that in  the
manufacturing sector.  Washington is not much of a manufacturing town,  we
push paper and much of that paper and most of the products requires  clearances
and access so we likely don’t see the full impact of illegal  labor.  I accept
your assessment of the situation.

Regarding their losing some benefits on the taxes they pay, I can believe  you
’re right for some of the group, especially those in manufacturing.  But
again, I believe the group I see functions on the cash economy - they don’t pay
taxes. You refer to the illegals bringing their families - that may happen,
but it’s not simply a case of men coming north, there are women coming  north
also, and the women settle and have children here, and the children are a
substantial burden to the social services system.  I think that’s the  biggest
part of the social services problem.

As for cutting social services, that may not be a good idea.  I  suspect the
illegals are used to virtually no services at all - it’s going to be  hard,
and even unproductive, to get to that level.  US citizens that pay  taxes
deserve better.  Personally, I’m not comfortable with no public  education,
widespread hunger, destitution, and people dying in the streets - but  that’s just me.

All of the “social burdens” have names and faces that can be found by the
authorities without a lot of trouble.  The government can get most of the
names and addresses of whoever shows up at an emergency room, winds up in jail,
or enrolls in public schools, it’s not rocket science.   I continue to  think
that reuniting illegals and their children with their cultural heritage  (i.e.
outta here) as they show up as social service debits would be a viable
solution.  It’s not a one-time fix, the outta here card will have to be  always on
the table, but it would go a long way towards fixing the  problem.  As it is,
we may have literally generations of illegals living in  the country, if they
were ever deported they would have a huge culture shock -  the kids are
Americans, and the kids of the kids will really be Americans.   From my perspective
it's better to deal with the issue as it arises than let it  fester.

Dave