[Rhodes22-list] Farm subsidies.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 14:55:46 EDT 2006

Brad,
I know what farm families look like and I know how they struggle each year
to make mortgage, tractor and feed payments. Then mother nature comes along and
 kicks them in the teeth with either too much rain or not enough or maybe a
late  freeze or a hail storm that lays the crops down so they can't be
harvested. Quit  bellyaching about farm subsidies when you are the one benefiting from
them just  like the rest of us.
The subsidies that are paid, even to the large corporate farms disappear
quickly when you try to buy a new tractor, manure spreader or many other pieces
of equipment needed to run a modern dairy farm. There are abusers of this
program, but for the most part they do exactly what they were intended for, to
keep a constant, cheap food supply in the grocery stores.

Rummy