[Rhodes22-list] Launched!

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 5 21:38:52 EDT 2006

She was a friend, but it's all on the up-and-up (my wife went with me on the trip).

She and her husband had two boats, one of them being the O'Day 25. She asked if my wife and I could help her move some of her stuff to California. Said she was going to load it on the boat to store the stuff at her mothers, and move the boat to California to sell it there (they had it on the market for 6 years, and it hadn't sold - guess there's not that many recreational boaters in Alaska).

Anyway, I told her I had always planned on buying a boat for retirement, so I might be interested. Talked it over with the wife, and we decided to buy it.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

Herb Parsons wrote:
> Got ya'll all beat, I bet.
> I flew from Texas to Alaksa to pick up my O'Day 25 from
> a friend. Had never seen the boat. Took her word for it.
> Towed it to Texas using her truck and my new (to me) trailer.

OK, Herb.  Both ears and the tail.  Which leads me to ask,
just how good a friend was she, that she let you take her
truck from Alaksa (wherever that is) to Texas?

Or is this another Texas bigger-than-you story?

/Robert (with a chuckle and a raised eyebrow)