[Rhodes22-list] Detached Furlers and Other Such Calamaties

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 11:45:43 EDT 2006

Mark,
One of the best advantages of owning a R22 is that no matter how stupid the
owner is, the boat is very forgiving and will not let you down.
On most boats, if the forestay comes loose, the mast will come tumbling
down. With the redundant rigging of the R22, this will not happen. That being
said, I was on a R22 where the forestay failed in pretty good air. The mast
stayed where it was, but as a precaution we tied a line from just above the
spreaders down to the deck cleat. We motored into a safe harbor and drank  massive
quantities while discussing the great design features that had just  saved our
asses.

Rummy