[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Frone Crawford

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Jul 6 10:58:18 EDT 2006

Might I suggest that, in the future, if you REALLY want to ask someone a question, and hope they give you a simple straight answer, simply ask the question.

I believe that the war was over many things, the most egregious of which are outlined in the Iraq war resolution, passed by congress.

I think that oil, much like food and sex, is an underlying motivation in many things we do, but I don't think oil was a main reason we went to Iraq.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
1976 O'Day 25
Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
1971 Coronado 35
Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> tnrhodey at hotmail.com 7/6/2006 6:24:23 am >>>
Herb,

You are trying to clarify my post using double negative. I was sincere in my
question. Many claim war is over freedom, liberation. WMD, and so on. Most
seem to stay away from the war for oil claim. I was wondering if you felt
the same. So I asked the question. I still don't know the answer.

Wally