[Rhodes22-list] Wow this is a boring night(Rule # 1)

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 6 09:01:54 EDT 2006

   Amen Rummy ---- learned this lesson the hard way just last Sunday on my Capri 14.2 when a cotter sheared during a heavy gust.   I think it helps also to mentally visualize what to do  for each emergency before it occurs.  Fortunately I saved the mast by immediately tacking to put stress on the opposite rigging but my mast pulpit was bent in the process ---- has anyone tried to straighten a mast pulpit after it is bent?  Are there some 'do's' and 'don'ts' in attempting the straightening process?
     By the way, my recycled 88 was trailered from Edenton on Father's Day weekend and launched at Lake Freeman (Monticello IN) on June 26 thanks to Stan and his able crew.  Thanks also to Bob Weber on Lake Carlyle for giving me my first ride in the spring which confirmed a belief I should pursue a deal with Stan the Man.   I asked Stan to do something that would turn a few eyes at the sail club.   To his credit, most of the owners of those 50 plus ugly Catalina's, MacGregors, and O'day's where she's kept have told me she's the best looking lady of the lot.   I'm prejudiced, of course, but I think they are right.
  Rex

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
  Rule # 1

Always, always check all standing rigging and make sure pins and cotter
rings are intact before going out.

Rummy